With proper care and maintenance, your garage door will perform reliably for years to come. To maintain your warranty, see these instructions for when Raynor requires performing maintenance items.
All Raynor residential steel garage doors are already painted with a baked-on finish. No additional painting is required. If you want to apply another color, however, the following steps are required.
NOTE: Only paint the exterior of the door while it is in the closed position.
- Use the following solution, with a soft bristle brush, to remove mildew and other surface contaminants:
- 1 cup household Spic n Span® detergent
- 5 gallons warm water
- Rinse thoroughly with water. (Do not use a pressure washer to rinse door.)
- Use a powder cleanser like Comet®, diluted with water, with a soft bristle brush, to prepare the surface for better paint adhesion. Do not use sandpaper, deglossers, or liquid sandpaper to prepare the door surface.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and allow to dry.
- Use a high quality acrylic latex exterior paint. Apply according to manufacturer's instructions. Do not use oil-based paint or any "rust-inhibitive" paint. Do not paint in direct sunlight or when surface is warm to the touch. Lap marks will result. Brush application is recommended.
- Avoid getting paint on any gasket seals between door sections. Not all Raynor doors have these gasket seals.
If you are touching up the paint on your door or repainting it, you can match the color precisely with the Raynor Paint Formulas. Just go to your local Sherwin-Williams store with the paint formula to make the match.
IMPORTANT: Since Raynor has no control over re-coating, we do not warrant this product against peeling of the original factory-applied baked-on finish or subsequent coats of paint where re-coating has occurred.
To maintain your warranty, lubricate your garage door at least once a year with Raynor Door Lube. This specially formulated lubricant can be purchased from your Raynor dealer. Apply the Door Lube to each of the following areas of the door: hinges, rollers (bearings and shafts), springs and end bearings (located at each end of the spring shaft). Once the application is completed, open and close the door to distribute the lubricant.
Raynor recommends checking the balance of your door once a year. To do this, close the door and then pull the red disconnect rope on your garage door opener. After pulling the disconnect rope, the door should stay on or close to the floor. Next, raise the door about halfway open; the door should stay at that position. And finally, raise the door all the way to the open position, where the door should remain open. If your door fails any of these tests, please contact Allen Door for an adjustment.
Using a multi-function door control - (Please note that this process requires two people if the keyless entry keypad is already mounted outside the garage.) Enter a four-digit personal identification number (PIN) of your choice on the keypad. Then press and hold ENTER. While holding the ENTER button, press and hold the LIGHT button on the keypad. Next, continue holding ENTER and LIGHT buttons while you press the push bar on the keypad (all three buttons are held). You may release the buttons when the overhead opener unit's lights blink. If light bulbs are not installed on your garage door opener, then two clicks will be heard.
Using the LEARN button - Press and release the LEARN button on the overhead opener unit. The learn indicator light will glow steadily for 30 seconds. Within this 30 second time period, enter a four-digit personal identification number (PIN) of your choice on the keypad. Then press and hold the ENTER button. Next, release the button when the overhead opener unit's lights blink. If light bulbs are not installed on your garage door opener, then two clicks will be heard.
Enter your current PIN number, then press and hold the # button. The overhead garage door opener unit's lights will blink twice. Release the # button. Next, press the new 4-digit PIN that you have chosen and press ENTER. The overhead opener unit's lights will blink once when the PIN has been learned. Test by pressing the new PIN, then press ENTER and the door should move.
Please follow the following steps:
- Press and hold the two outside HomeLink buttons—releasing only when the indicator light begins to flash rapidly (after 20 seconds). Some vehicles may require the ignition to be in the "ON" position during the entire programming process.
- Hold the end of the hand-held remote control (transmitter) you wish to train approximately 1-3 inches from the HomeLink surface—keeping the indicator light in view.
- Simultaneously press and hold both the hand-held transmitter button and the designated HomeLink button—releasing both buttons only when the indicator light changes from a slow to a rapid blink.
- Press the "SMART BUTTON" or "LEARN BUTTON" on the Raynor opener for one second and release. (Note: you only have 30 seconds in which to initiate step 5.)
- Return to the vehicle and firmly press the programmed HomeLink button TWO times (press and hold each time for two seconds). The garage door opener should have activated upon the second press of the HomeLink button.
Note: HomeLink equipped vehicle models manufactured in 1995, 1996, and early 1997 will not be compatible. To determine if a 1997 HomeLink equipped vehicle is Security + compatible, follow steps 1-3 above. Upon the completion of steps 1-3, press and hold the programmed HomeLink. If the LED blinks rapidly for two seconds and then turns solid, the HomeLink is rolling code compatible and the remaining programming steps can be completed. If the LED is solid when the programmed button is pressed, then the HomeLink is not compatible.
Visit HomeLink's website for more information.
Press and release the LEARN button on the overhead garage door opener unit. The learn indicator light will glow steadily for 30 seconds. Within this 30 second time period, press and hold the button on the hand-held remote. Next, release the button when the overhead opener unit's lights blink. If light bulbs are not installed on your opener, then two clicks will be heard.
To erase all codes from motor unit memory: Press and hold the LEARN button on motor unit until the learn indicator light goes out (approximately 6 seconds). All previous codes are now erased. Reprogram each remote or keyless entry you wish to use. Press and hold the ENTER button. Next, release the button when the overhead opener unit's lights blink. If light bulbs are not installed on your opener, then two clicks will be heard.